Circuit and Landing Checks
- Fuel – make sure enough fuel for a go-around if required
- Altimeter – make sure that altimeter is set to QFE setting to ensure correct height
- Windsock – make sure that you are landing on the correct runway that favours the wind direction
- Nose wheel – make sure wheel is straight for landing
- Throttle – make sure that hand throttle is off
- Speed – make sure you are at correct speed for landing
Always listen to radio (if available) and keep a keen lookout for other aircraft, making sure you check final approach while you are on the base leg.