- Move the wing to all extremes, left and right, forward and back to ensure free and fluid movement
Harnesses and Hatch’s
- Check Harnesses and Helmets for both Pilot and Passenger.
- Visual check of Hatch’s on each wing and nose cone
- Check all instruments are operational.
- Check Temps and Pressures (T’s & P’s) are up to operational levels
- Check Fuel level
- Check Altimeter is set
- Raise engine revs to approx 2,500 RPM.
- Switch off each MAG in turn to test
- Confirm enough fuel for both flight and allow for possible divert/go-arounds
Trim and “Tangs”
- Set wing trim for takeoff
- Check “Tangs” (clips that secure the front pole)
- Visual check of Hang bolt
- Make sure area is clear of aircraft – check no aircraft on final approach before entering runway
- Apply power smoothly
- Use full power on take of for power check